Oh the places we will go...

Live in the places you want to learn about


Wednesday 23 May 2012

MPI Flickr Updates

Hey! -Hey. Welcome back, if you're reading this to the live streaming you'll notice how close this post is to the previous one - that's because they're updates people; divided up specifically into Delicious and Flickr to help with the navigating around to what you want to read about specifically :P ok. Now that that's out of the way haha like someone's standing at my shoulder saying "Write it! Write it!", let's get down to business. Or rather, leisure more like. Flickr. Yaaaay...!! More photos are up chaps and chappesses; of my time in Japan. They still need a bit of fine-tuning and sorting when I get my hands on a decent computer (tagging and putting into sets and a few doubles in need of removal), but for now the photos in the raw are up. If you're feeling hungry, or what would be better suited to Flickr - if yourself like LOOKING at food, do go and check out the traditional style Jpanese meals I was served on my school trip to Nagasaki with my Yearmates of Senior Highschool 2nd year - equivalent to Australian Year 11, in French it May be "La Deuxième" (fairly sure I've got the gender and accent wrong there - and hopefully not the word itself) and any other nationalities I'm sorry I haven't a clue. Also uploaded are Akihabara (Electric City) and Tokyo City roaming photos (nothing too flash :), as well as Japanese style outdoor BBQ in the most beautiful domestically cultivated Traditional style garden setting I was ever graced by the invitation into. My charming, lovely host grandparents of my second and deadly sliced host family, welcomed me into their home and garden, about which I was informed in halting but eager English on the "things you need to make a Japanese garden". Wait one cotton-picking-second, I should have them here on me somewhere - be right back, just be a jiffy :) Ah, I'm having fun with these sayings - I slipped "holy mackerel" into a Facebook conversation earlier today hahaha good times:D Japanese garden - Nihongo no niwa Three principles: 1. Be with nature 2. Central Pine tree 3. Big rock like a mountain, with a "fall" hole in the top, reaching down into the stone. Also a pond at the base, and a river - or grass shaped like a river. With Bonzai, it is the most beautiful if it is shaped with a branch out to the side, the plant leaning to the side. The idea is a condensed world of nature, close to the heart. This is the principle of a Japanese garden. Sumi: charcoal Niwa: garden Fuji: type of plant Hashi: chopsticks Ari: ant Mukashi: long time ago Hasami: tongs Yuge: steam Kemuri: smoke Hachi: bee Kumanbachi: bear bee (this big black flying beetle looking thing) Satsumaimo: sweet potato from Satsuma Satsuma: place  Imo: potato Those last words were ones I learned during the course of the BBQ. You've got toget into it and ask questions, there's no other way of tying involved more than showing you're interested, however that comes across for you (standing on their toes and trying to peer deeply into their eyeballs probably isn't the best way to do it though.) Ending in Japanese, because it's a good time to do it ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ until next time ☆彡 もう終わりだね 君が小さく見える 僕は思わず君を抱き締めたくなる "私は泣かないからこのまま一人にして" 君の穂を涙が流れては落ちる 。。。 -「Sayonara」by Off Course If anyone else ever wrote a song like this, and sung it like they did, I'd fall in love with them in an instant

No comments:

Post a Comment