Oh the places we will go...

Live in the places you want to learn about


Thursday 31 May 2012

Assessment 3 Blog Post

Assessment #3 Blog Post

Hello, Goodbye, The course is over and all the topics are done, goodbye MPI104, it's been interesting :) Over the course of MPI104 We learned the basics about social networks on the internet, a brief history, and quickly how to utilise these sites ourselves. This led to topics on designing on the web, and creating our own sites. The interaction with the internet getting deeper until we got to our second/last (this is a progress assignment) assignment wherein we acually left our own website footprint on the web, pretty cool.


MPI104 Blog 20 Posts; 3 pages; 1 Favicon; 13 gadgets; 2 RSS feeds; 1 counter 
Blogging, on My Blog was an interesting experience, which I'd never tried before. I think it was really useful to be introduced to blogging, and when you take some time and and effort it can really work out well and be worthwhile. SOme of the time though, It felt a bit rushed and forced because it's an assessment and not a natural interest in putting your thoughts out there like a normal blog. I experimented with templates, design layouts, gadgets and making the blog accessible and appealing. I tried to put a lot of effort and detail into my posts, with images, links, written information, and video clips. My favourite part was learning how to embed video, hide the text for a link, and create my own HTML counter when the gadgets were down, from the knowledge we'd got in the HTML topic.
Here are some of my favourite posts:
All things Japan - The Sydney Japanese Film Festivall
All Things Japanese - Yakisoba (fried noodle dish)
All Things Japan - J-pop
All Things Japan - The call of Korean Dramas

My delicious account 11 stacks; 78 links
In Delicious I learned about sorting links into topics, which got more interesting the more I did it. The best part for me, in this section, was learning about what other people find interesting, by looking at the Hit Counter. This led to a better understanding of designing on the web, which will be useful in the future, when I venture out on the web universe.
Stacks and link counter:
MPI104 links 7 links
Mangamania 6 links
Fruit alone 8 links
Popular dishes Eaten in Japan 7 links
Message Hats 4 links
Design Fingernail Art! 5 links
Discontinued modern Olympic Sports 7 links
Guinea pigs 5 links
Language learning for kids (free sites only) 6 links
VOCALOID DESU SHI! 12 links
Secret Garden (Korean): Soundtrack 10 links

My Flickr Account 64 items; 5 sets; 1 gallery; 10 Favourites
Learning about Flickr was an introduction into the photo-sharing community of the web, and gave me an insight into interesting and unusual imagery which I am happy to be amazed by every day. From Flickr I got more of an interest in the photography community, and the networks of image sharingf - how popular and useful they are for getting your work out there and appreciated/judged.

Learning about HTML and creating a webspace would have been way better if there'd been more time for it. I really like the idea of HTML and learning how to write up some script has been pretty useful. Because my webspace didn't upload properly I don't really feel a sense of having accomplished making my own site, and feel a bit of a nube still at it all, which I am but hey! It was brilliant learning about each new thing though, like getting a window peek into a whole new world "programmer world" :D RSS was challenging and linking up the CSS sheet, but it was fun. I wish I had something more interesting to create a web site about though, I hadn't really had many good ideas for reaching other people, it felt like being told to sit down and write a novel when you never really thought about being a writer before.

I liked MPI104. The class atmosphere was fun, although sometimes I couldn't keep up with the speed. :) Thanks for being an awesome lecturer :D'







No comments:

Post a Comment