Oh the places we will go...

Live in the places you want to learn about


Thursday 24 May 2012

MPI Assessment 2 - HTML WEBSITE

ASSESSMENT #2

Creating a web page was challenging, I'd never tried to do anything like this before. In class we created basic webpages (well, I wrote down the codes in a book, there weren't enough computers) using notepad and HTML language. That evolved to CSS pages, for externally controlling the design of the HTML page. HTML was fun and not too difficult at all, CSS caused a few problems until I got a good grasp on the labelling and linking process to get the two pages to communicate. There was a small but warm feeling of accomplishment when they synced up. Next was RSS, which was a nightmare of unknown blundering about. For RSS I'd recommend you just have to keep soldiering on and trying different options and links until it works for you. I found I had to look on a few websites and discover things that the tutorials had ommitted or assumed, or I was just too.. mentally well-fortified to get quickly. The process of self-discovery of what works and what doesn't, in making a website, was just as important to me as recieving the advice of tutorials, seniors and classmates. There are a few books in the library (challenging a phone directory in depth) to help learn about HTML tag-up language, although the website w3schools was more accessible (speedy links and takes up no space), for learning about crazy option like animation, background image borders, adding audio and youtube. A lot of these codes didn't translate unfortunately, but the idea is exciting. Most of all the interest of others in what you're doing and your own interest in creating a website about something that communicates with you is what kept me going I found. But it's fun once it all starts coming together and the pages are interacting properly. Best feeling :D I don't know if it's the success of Finally succeeding at getting this RSS page listen to the HTML page and CSS page, or it could be the Eminem on my iPod, but either way right now the feeling when it all starts to work together is really good.  The design of my web page is a bit Andy Warhol slightly spacey and random, I'd seen it before in other people's style and I thought it was beautiful and slightly disconnected from reality. So I wanted to try it too haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment